How to register oneself in a town hall (empadronamiento)
05 April 2022
Director of Alanda Properties
A certificado de empadronamiento is a certificate that confirms you are registered at your local town hall census. It is often referred to in Spanish as Padrón. To register oneself is called empadronarse, in Spanish.
It is normally used on applying for Spanish residency, either individually or collectively. But it is also required on a number of other cases, as collated below:
- Apply/renew your residency permit
- Apply for a public health insurance card
- Entitles to free vaccination during the pandemic (Covid-19 jab, etc)
- To apply for a mortgage loan or any kind of loan (required for tax reasons)
- Get married
- Enrol children in local schools
- Buy/sell a car
- To claim benefits
- To attain subsidies
Contact me at Alanda Properties if you are buying or selling property on the Costa del Sol and Sotogrande. You will be surprised to learn the deals this new market has to offer on prime locations.
2022 © RLN. All Rights Reserved.