Spain’s Digital Nomad Visa approved!
13 January 2023
Director of Alanda Properties
Spain’s Digital Nomad Visa (DNV) came into force on the 1st of January 2023.
It allows you to work remotely from Spain i.e. teleworking.
The DNV is extensive to family members i.e. spouse and children under the age of 18 years old.
The main advantage of a DNV is its taxation. It grants its applicants a special tax regime whereby they pay very few taxes as opposed to the standard IRPF (personal income tax) sliding scale.
Applications are now open for this visa! Please contact us if you wish to pursue a DNV.
DNV main advantages
- Tax breaks for the employee (DNV applicant). This is the core advantage. It basically applies a privileged non-domiciled tax scheme to visa holders that allows them to pay a flat tax rate of only 24% on the first €600,000 of gross annual earnings over a five-year period. Over and above said threshold, they are taxed at the standard top marginal rate of 47%.
- Five-year residency permit. Initially on a one-year application, followed by two-year renewals up to a total of 5 years. The visa extends to the family of the main applicant.
- It allows you to work in Spain remotely. Moreover, it encourages you to work in Spain, specifically remotely with your laptop (or desktop).
- Allows you to legally override the 90/180-day rule that limits stay in Spain (and by extension in the Schengen Area/EU).
- Tax breaks for the foreign employer (if it has an establishment in Spain).
DNV specific requirements
- You need to prove you are hired by a foreign company. This is the core requirement. I.e. a freelance IT artist with a contract.
- You need to prove you have formal academic qualifications (i.e. 3-year university degree).
- You need to prove you have at least 3 years of work experience.
Staple visa requirements
- Non-EU national.
- Hire private health insurance in Spain.
- Clean criminal record (previous 5 years).
- Be self-supporting (you will not claim benefits).
- Not be already in Spain illegally at the time of making a visa application.
Contact me at Alanda Properties if you are buying or selling property on the Costa del Sol and Sotogrande. You will be surprised to learn the deals this new market has to offer on prime locations.
2023 ©RLN. All Rights Reserved.
Contact with Alanda Properties
Discover the news of the sector
7 July 2023
By MLDirector of Alanda Properties In 2015, Spain introduced a special tax regime for wealthy EU expatriates that relocate to Spain. Following in the footsteps of other countries’ successful non-domiciled tax schemes, namely the United Kingdom, the self-declared goal of this programme is to attract high-achievers to relocate to Spain on the back of a […]
7 June 2023
By MLDirector of Alanda Properties On moving to Spain, you should tick the below basic checklist to avoid any future problems. 1. Residency or visa permit. Most people don’t realise that living in Spain for over 90 consecutive days entails you apply for a permit. Depending on whether you are a EU national, or not, […]