5 reasons to invest in real estate in Spain
26 August 2019
- Store of value. In times of political instability, which lead to stock markets in upheaval, gold and real estate have traditionally been a safe haven where affluent ploughed their money capping off the storm.
- Security. Real estate is a tangible asset which you can touch and see, unlike cryptocurrencies and other intangible assets where thefts are rife.
- Capital appreciation. Real estate increased by one digit over the last four years in Spain, in some areas even by two digits. Some experts even talk of a new property boom underway. On the long run real estate always trumps any other asset class, including stocks.
- Soaring rental yields. Rental yields in Spain have soared by two digits over the span of three years. Spain is the world’s second tourist destination creating a huge demand for holiday accommodation.
- New laws passed in Andalusia allow ultra-low inheritance and gift tax. April 2019 saw the approval of a new spate of laws in the region of Andalusia which, for the first time in 40 years, allow owners to pass on their properties to their beneficiaries without having to pay hardly any tax, or no tax at all in most cases.
2.019 © RLN. All rights reserved.
Contact with Alanda Properties
Discover the news of the sector
10 reasons to buy property in Spain
3 May 2023
By MLDirector of Alanda Properties 10 reasons to buy property in Spain 1. Store of value. In times of political and economic instability gold and real estate are king as traditionally they act as safe havens where savers shelter their money to weather the storm. 2. Staves off inflation. At a time when inflation is […]
6 things to watch out for on buying property in Spain!
17 April 2023
By MLDirector of Alanda Properties On buying property in Spain, you should be mindful the title is clean. It is fairly common the previous owner is in arrears. In Spain, debts follow the property not the debtor. Meaning, when you take over the ownership, you also take on all the existing debts from the previous […]